Saturday, June 14, 2008

Abbey Pres.

So, I'm headed to Ireland at the beginning of July, on a fourth trip to work with Abbey Pres. in Dublin, specifically in music ministry. The first time I went, it was awesome, because it was Ireland, and the British Isles occupied a very special place in my imagination growing up. I wanted to see the rolling green hills and the ruins and the pubs, which are all good things that God enjoys, but I think the desires of my heart have been tinkered with to be more in line with his - now, more than anything, I get excited about going back and seeing the people God loves. It's great to feel a part of something big and epic, and every time I step out of the Dublin airport and onto that bus that goes to Parnell Square I feel like I've started a new chapter.

In this chapter, an amazing team of interns from the US are already there, working hard and loving on (sorry Dad, I know you hate that phrase) the people of Dublin. Already there are stories that are being told of wondrous things going on at Abbey. So: I would encourage you to read their blogs (I've posted a list) and see how these agents of the Kingdom are surreptitiously sabotaging darkness and breaking through with light. Pray for them! And pray for us, so that when our team touches down we can jump right in with those who have been laboring tirelessly before us. It's going to be great. As you may have heard me say before, this is going to be "sick". As in crazy awesome.

No comments: