Monday, July 30, 2007

"That Was Mighty."

That's what one man from Kilkenny Pres. said to me regarding our concert there the other evening - I've never heard someone put it quite like that, and I think I'm going to start using it. We've got one more day in Kilkenny, and Ben and Ryan DeWaters and I are going to walk around for a bit before we head back for our last night in Dublin. Kilkenny has been excellent; the weather has been for the most part favorable, especially for the days when we would be outside for the majority. We watched a hurling match with a family (it was great, Kilkenny won), and I think a highlight for many of us was reconnecting with families we met last year. The Bennett boys, who gave me a hurley and two hurling balls last year, are still doing well, Jack's team won a match while we were here and Ollie was just fun to be with. Really sharp kids, and the really cool parents as well. More reflections to come (I'm kind of working backwards in time, so if anyone is reading this, you'll have to bear with me.) 'Till the next post (I still have to talk about the rest of Dublin, three day foray into the Scottish highlands, and a little more about Kilkenny), cheers!

No comments: